The decision to sell your home is an important one and can be stressful. It’s natural to feel anxiety about what the future holds. When you work with Scott Adlhoch, you’ll find that selling your home doesn’t have to be the daunting task you envisioned. Scott is dedicated to making the sale of your home quick, profitable and seemingly effortless.
If you’re interested in selling your home, contact Scott to schedule a personal home tour or request a free market analysis.
HOME SELLING CHECKLIST
When it comes to selling your home, first impressions are everything. Buyers will not be able to look at a room that needs cleaning, painting or repairs and imagine it fresh and attractive. Avoid getting scratched off a buyer’s lists with these suggested home improvements.
• Eliminate odors of pets, smoke or mildew
• Reduce clutter
• Clean all furniture and appliances so they are spotless
• Paint the walls a clean, neutral color
• Fix drippy faucets and toilets
• Steam-clean and spot-treat all carpeting
• Make sure your house is safe
• Paint or clean your front door
• Fill your flowerbeds
• Keep your lawn lush and freshly mowed
• Sweep the debris off your sidewalks
• Touch up exterior paint where necessary
• Replace missing roof shingles
• Clean gutters and down-sprouts
STAGING FOR THE SALE
Your house can look instantly bigger, brighter and more inviting if you stage it for success. Increase your home’s emotional appeal with fresh scents of just-baked cookies or coffee to remind buyers of fond home memories. Make sure your home is warm and welcoming in the winter and cool during the summer months so potential buyers feel comfortable as they’re walking through. The kitchen should have everything cleared off of your refrigerator and countertops to reduce the appearance of clutter. In your bathroom, you should have fresh towels, new soap in the soap dishes and a new shower curtain to reduce the appearance of mildew. For the finishing touch, add vases of fresh, fragrant flowers throughout the house!